Monday, January 30, 2012

Charity Auction Cathayan Ogre [WHFB]

Another (much more recent) figure I did for a charity auction ran by the Warhammer Forum.  I wanted to create a Cathayan Themed model that could be ran as a Maneater or real sexy unit champ. In this case I wanted the conversions to not be over the top and more natural.  I also went for a more (As far as style in relation to how I paint Ogres) blended skin tone, still leaving some heavy contrast to bring out some of figure muscle tone. Also, I am really pleased with the rust effects I achieved. 


One of the first...


...things I did was give the model some height by adding some plastic shims to each leg.  I also (borrowing the look from a character from the Ninja Scroll anime) gave him some wooden lift shoes.  I decided to keep the pointy ogre shoes as it worked for the look I was going for. I also worked out the pose with his Cathayan Longsword at this point. 


Ready for paint.  I used fur boot toppings to cover his lift job. Hilt is thick thread wrapped, more fitting for an asian themed weapon. Papasan hat is a shield with green stuff to look like thatch.


Here you can see where I added some pouches to balance the figure a bit...


I was on this kick of adding a yoke/suspenders thing to all my ogres, so he gets the same treatment. Ring is a bit from the jewelry section @ Michael's. Mind you, I have no idea why I put a butt plate on him, but I suppose it works.



All done...




Thanks for looking

3 comments:

  1. This guy looks great, I've always really like Asian themed ogres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butt plate is interesting, for an Ogre that is probably an important oriface.

    ReplyDelete